May 17, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
We are happily a few days from signing our contract for a 23' x 37' mountain lake pool. Super excited but I noticed that the PB has someone they already work with but mentioned to feel free to find a separate concrete company & electrician. Wanted to know if anyone can recommend a great concrete company and/or electrician with even better prices to do this work for the pool.. Thanks so much

Hmmm .. if he is a good PB he should have good concrete company & electrical as subcontractors. I would not let the PB off the hook if you have any issues with the subcontractors work. You don't want him to shrug his shoulders and say that you selected them.

You have no leverage over subcontractors. You will probably never build a pool again and give them more work. The subcontractors want more work from the PB and will fix things for him that they may not do for you.

I just recently built a pool here in the raleigh, NC area. I interviewed quite a few vendors. A friend also built a pool here at the same time and chose a different vendor. I have also had a pretty good relationship with the hired excavator and learned quite a bit of history of pool building in the area. PM if interested.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.