High CC reading Question

Oct 6, 2018
Bay City, MI
Hi, just have a quick question regarding CC levels. I tested all my levels tonight and my CC is at 1.2 ppm. I read in the book that came with the Taylor K2006 kit that the level should be at 0. Any ideas of what I should do if anything? My other levels where - FC 2.4 (which I added more to bring level to 7.0 after testing) PH 7.8, TA 70, CH 190, CYA 35. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Outdoor? If so, open the cover on a nice sunny day when the sun is shining on it for a couple hours. The UV should clear up the CCs.

Also do you add any MPS? That will falsely show up as CCs.

I normally do not add MPS. Last week I did add 2 oz. of MPS after there was six of my daughters friends in there for about an hour or so. As far as exposing it to the sun that might have to wait until about March here in Michigan, not much sun in the winter. Is it bad to have that CC level that high or could it be from the MPS last week?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.