Upgrading to VSP with Intellitouch I5 v.1060

I am new here so apologies if I am not in the right place. I bought this house with the existing system, I have searched all over but can't seem to find any info on my current situation. I have Pentair Intellitouch I5 v.1060 from 2005. As near as I can tell my system only controls single and 2 speed pumps. I know the system can be flashed, I am not exactly sure if there is a hack to do this myself. I see the interface online but it seems expensive. I also see that I can add screenlogic, is it possible to update firmware through screenlogic if I add it? Or will screenlogic bypass all the need for existing software altogether? I guess, to summarize my question, what is the best way to proceed with adding the variable speed to my existing intellitouch version? I have multiple functions and actuators I would like to be able to setup with different speeds from the pump. Sorry if this has been covered somewhere already but I can't find it. Thanks in advance!:D

1180 is the latest intellitouch revision, you have to have a special programmer to update it - screenlogic can't do it.

check out this thread JerryT started on how to update it...

How to perform firmware upgrade on Pentair* controllers

There is an older style parallel port version of the required "pe micro bdm multilink" programmer on eBay for 39 bucks (it is not my listing)... that is the same programmer I use to do firmware updates and it works great on an old windows box.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.