Easytouch Panel not Recognizing Intelliflo Variable Pump

champ767

Nov 15, 2018
Los Gatos, CA
I'm not able to get an easytouch panel to recognize an intelliflo pump. I've had the pump for 3 years and the pool installers just put in the easy touch panel. They could not get the panel to recognize the pump. I had the installers call pentair and pentair thought I needed to replace the drive on the pump.... Crazy since the pump and keypad work fine on the pump and everything else is new. I've done some troubleshooting and I am a former GC, so I understand the circuit, programming etc...

- I checked the cable going from J20 to pump. The cable continuity was fine. Pin receptacles seemed tight
- I checked the pins on the pump. Looked fine and cleaned them
- I disconnected the screen logic wires from J20 so only the pump was connected to isolate any issues. Still no comm
- I've set the pump as VS and tried resetting many times
- Panel menu for status always reads Normal initially after selecting VS than I go back to the main menu and then return to the inelliflo settings and it says NO COMM
- also after I set the circuit to pool, it always goes back to None and No comm after I return to the setting
- The pump display has never read no display

Has anybody ever heard of the drive being the issue for no comm? It's an expensive fix.
Thanks.

Hey,
Jim may have gotten you squared away already but if not...

1. have you checked that you've got the right pump address? I think it can be set to 1 or 2.

2. you said you disconnected the screenlogic to isolate the pump... does the screenlogic communicate with the et8 board with nothing else on the comm port? (based on the fact that you knew to isolate the equipment in the first place, i'm assuming it does)

3. the pump does have an rs485 communication chip in there somewhere... and it sounds like it's fried on your unit. The chip could be on the main drive board which would be bad because the ones I've seen have been potted (dunked in epoxy)... they can't be disassembled without destroying them. It's possible the comm chip is in the keypad unit itself, which is removable - i'll take a look tomorrow.

If the installers didn't shut the power off to your pump when they were fiddling with the communication wires, they probably shorted one and fried the thing.

Tom

Awesome! Glad you got it fixed

And that is cool that we were on the same page... maybe we should make a Pentair Troubleshooting sticky?

Thanks Jim and Tom. Really appreciate the help. Being in hi tech and setting up a lot of different devices, the pentair directions leave a lot to be desired.
I think setting up a quick set up sheet with typical issues is a great idea
- Yes, my pump was set up as pump #7. I'm sure it happened when I was originally setting up the pump 3 years ago. Of course if you goggle - menu steps to get the address set for intelliflo pump, I couldn't find anything. The menu on the intelliflo is difficult to maneuver. Finally just dove into it and found the setting. It should be included int he easytouch directions
- I read a lot of post about you don't need to set address if you have one pump. It defaults to a solo pump. That's not true.
- One of the other things that could drive you mad is the pc app for screenlogic. You really need to know the first time you login to go through the config tab, you need to right click on the app icon and login in as an administrator. Otherwise it will never launch! That was noted on another thread on this site
- The user name for all devices pc, ipad, phone are the last 6 digits of the serial number of the protocol adapter. You can't pick a user name. You also need to use if to connect in alexa. Although when you set up alexa, you need to set up a pentair account with another user name and password along with the serial number
- Since I just getting up all my devices set up, I'm check the easytouch panel, pc screenlogic app, ipad and and iphone settings for the pump, circuits, etc There's been some syncing issues on all settings between devices
- For some reason I can login via my ipad locally, but need to login remotely when I'm home with my iphone
- I'm still seeing how well the Alexa app works. Heard bad reviews about it.

Hope that helps other people doing new set ups.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.