Calcium leve stuck

Jun 8, 2015
Rocklin Ca
My Calcium level is at 175, It just seems to be stuck at that level, I keep adding Calcium increaser and notice little to no change. I have a TF 100 test kit, I might want get new reagents for calcium test might not hurt. Never had this happen before other than the Calcium numbers the pool is looking good. BTW I do maintain my pool annually my winter shut down consist of deflating floaties.
So ideas of what might be going on ?

According to the Pool math I need about 15 lbs, so probably in the last 3 weeks I've added about 8 lbs.. But adding 8 lbs should show some change. I think I'll send for some new reagents and retest. On the subject of calcium what’s a good source, right now I go to Lowes the pool supplies are way expansive.

Folks on the forum use Ice Melt in many areas. Just have to be sure it is as close to pure calcium chloride as possible.

I would suggest searching the forum for brand names.

8lbs adds about 40 ppm. What level of precision are you using for testing?

I just sent for this [FONT=&quot]Snow Joe MELT50CCP 50-L. [/FONT][FONT=&quot] I found a link for it on TFP and did some other [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=Amazon Ember, Arial, sans-serif]searches, not a lot of information but it seems quiet a few people use it in their pools, 50lbs Amazon about $25 with tax free shipping. I found a Amazon Vendor in CA. I bought from, Quiet a few vendors to chose from. [/FONT]

I used Puri Tech calcium chloride. $28 shipped on ebay. I've bought two boxes so far. It's pretty basic stuff; it looks like what they do is buy industrial bags, divide it into smaller lots and resell it. I like it. It dissolves quickly and I haven't noticed any odd effects in the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.