Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Astral VX 7T
Hi all,

The sad day has arrived.

My beloved Polaris is just about to die.

The doctor said I've got 3 options:
1- major surgery involving complete rebuild, looking at roughly $600 with 3 months warranty
2- a brand new unit at $800
3- a robotic cleaner at $1400+

Since I get mostly dust in the pool, they recommended those 3 units: Pentair Prowler 920, Hayward TigerShark QC and Hayward AquaVac 500.

At the moment I can't really afford any option, and the Polaris is still doing minimum work so I'll keep on using until it's completely dead.

What would you guys recommend?

Thanks

Reactions: yann
Thanks

$300US is roughly $420AU which is what I was quoted by the pool shop, + $100 something for labour.

Thanks for the tip, I might do that.
The idea of a bot is great but too expensive.

I will consider the bot when I need to upgrade my single speed pump to a 2-speed.

Thanks

Get the robot. For your sized pool, about 700 (US) should get you a good one and you will NEVER look back. Electricity savings alone make it almost a no-brainer......couple that with fewer problems and I don't think you can go wrong.

Reactions: yann
Polaris 360 rebuild kit costs less than $300US. It is DIY and you can review the instructions at https://www.poolpartsonline.com/PDFFiles/Polaris 360 Rebuild Kit Instructions.pdf

Tools Needed:
• Phillips screwdriver
• Needle nose pliers
• Small flathead screwdriver

It replaces all of the moving parts and you effectively have a new unit for 1/3 of the cost of a new cleaner. That is what I would do.
I went the cheap option.

Only replaced the driving belts and got a new set of tyres.
The rest of the moving parts looked old but still in working order, moving smoothly so I thought I'd save 2/3 of the expense and go with what was actually damaged.

Polaris is now happy and exploring the whole pool again :)

Thanks all. :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the update. Good to hear you figured out which parts you needed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.