Rarely There!

tbmike

Nov 3, 2018
cypress, texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Hello folks!
My name is Mike and I am a Towboat Captain on the rivers of this great country! I have been doing this for 40+ years. As such, I am gone most of the time. I only have 10 day a month at home so pool maintenance is a bit of a challenge.

I am new to pool ownership. I have a newly constructed Gunite/plaster pool. I elected the ozone/chlorine combination for my pool because of the fact that I would be absent a lot. I am hoping that the ozone will maintain the cleanliness of the water even if the chlorine levels dip to 0.0 for a short time while I'm gone. We shall see how that goes!

I look forward to the interactions on here!

Attachments

• .IMG_20180813_154020.jpg
    .IMG_20180813_154020.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 46
Mike,

Welcome to TFP... a great place to find the answers to all of your "challenging" pool maintenance questions... :shark:

Nice looking pool, and thanks for the great Introduction...

You might want to use the search box in the upper right of your screen and enter "Ozone". There are many threads on this subject.

Feel free to tow your boat over to one of our Subject Oriented forums and start asking questions..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Hi Mike! Welcome to TFP. What a nice looking pool. I like the dark tile. And the way the bench wraps around the spa. I can see all kinds of uses for it.

I would not leave my pool in the hands of ozone, nor would I consider that a backup up for chlorine. As Jim suggested, pose a question about it over in the appropriate forum section, and you'll get an earful! ;)