8 week old AquaRite - "Inspect Cell"

could this low CH partly be the cause of some of the spots I've gotten on the plaster? Seems there's a few spots here and there that just appeared... look kinda like rust spots and some are because are pool furniture got thrown in by a bad storm we had.

The risk of plaster corrosion depends on the combined effects of several different things. It is most sensitive to PH, but is also affected by TA, CH, CYA, temperature, and others to a lesser extent. Because your CH is low you are at risk if your PH is also low, but once you get the CH up you will be fine at lower PH values (plaster wise anyway). The normal recommendation for CH in a plaster pool is between 200 and 400.

Got some CH increaser this morning and put 8 lbs in the skimmer. Not sure how long it takes to dissolve but I'll put some more in later and work it up to the 250 mark.

How much can I add at one time and how long will it take to fully dissolve? According to the calc, it'll take 35lbs. to get it to 250, thats a lot of poundage. I think I bought a total of 32 lbs with 8 of it in already.

it's not that. the salt level is 3200. I reset it the other day and it hasn't come on since and has been cranking out the chlorine. i stil haven't inspected it but need to. working great right now tho.

New numbers are (with the ColorQ)

FC - 10
PH - 7.8
Alk - 126
CH - 137
CYA - 26 (not trusting this, my strip showed around 80/90 and the chlorine seems a lot more stable.)

Getting more CH+ tomorrow to continue bringing it up, and I turned the swg down from 85% to 65% to try and start easing it off.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.