Hello from Jersey

Nov 4, 2018
Toms River,NJ
I was late in covering my above ground bestway pool. With all of the rain and leaves my pool turn green. I brought hth green to blue treatment not knowing that it's not for an above pool. It didn't say that on the packaging. I can not get this stuff out of my pool. I'm looking for help to see how I can filter it out. If I drain it will it be bad for the environment? Is their anything that I can put in the pool to help dilute this brownish foaming stuff? Please help.

Welcome to the forum! :wave: More than likely it will take time for that HTH product to become oxidized and go away. Although you may have added some copper to the water which won't go away unless until you change some water. In either case, the water apparently has algae, so unless you have a TF-100 (link below) or Taylor K-2006C test kit and are prepared to perform a SLAM Process this late in the season, you may end-up covering and opening as soon as you possibly can next spring to start the SLAM Process and remove the algae the right way.

It would also help if you updated your signature with all of your pool and equipment info. Also be sure to read/bookmark those Vital Links below in my signature as well. Lastly, checkout our ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry page to get started on the TFP way the right way. Let us know how else we can help or if you have more questions.

Welcome to the forum! :handshake:

Some of those 'magic' combo products from pool stores have floc in them. Did that one? If so, you must vac to waste the material settled on the bottom.

Please add a signature. Read Pool School - Read This BEFORE You Post
Information in your signature will show up each time you post and it makes advice more accurate as we know what equipment we are dealing with