Damascus, MD
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
I was hoping for some nice days in October to swim a few more times but it looks like with the weather we are not going to see much more than the 60s from here on out. So I figured I'd just go ahead and close. Called the pool store and they are booked until mid-November! Doh! I guess I should have gone ahead and made an appointment earlier in the season. Looks like nighttime temps will be flirting with freezing but staying above until then. Meanwhile I get to clean out leaves every single day and also been finding field mice in the skimmers lately. Water temp is still hovering between 58-62 so I am not too concerned about freezing. Just the added maintenance of keeping everything running for another month! Also water level is low I don't think I can last until closing date so might have to put some in. Although I guess I could just use the floor drain and close the skimmers. Nuts!

Make your closing appointments early everyone!

That stinks. Hay at least ur water will be nice and cold. I got our first frost the other night. Light but still frost. I run my pump 24/7 so no big deal. My water is 50-53 right now. I’m closing Friday. It was a pretty junky year alway. All it did was rain. We used way more last year and that was my plaster year. Just a bad summer. I hope winter isn’t so wet or the pool will be overflowing. I got my pump all ready.

Good luck closing!

My freeze protect was running much of last night into this morning as the temps dropped to 30 last night. I am still considering if I should put the waterfalls on the freeze protect circuit so they run. I don't know if they would freeze up and damage anything with it being just under freezing. I hate to run the waterfalls for 12 hours if not needed as pH is always high as it is and I just used my last gallon of Muriatic acid.

Sorry just cause I’m learning. When u say freeze protect. U mean pretty much the pump running 24/7 if at a certain temp to prevent freezing in the pipes? So does the pump need to run at a certain speed or just even a very low low speed? If it’s a very very very low speed so u still get a big ph jump causexofctje adoration?

Sorry just cause I’m learning. When u say freeze protect. U mean pretty much the pump running 24/7 if at a certain temp to prevent freezing in the pipes? So does the pump need to run at a certain speed or just even a very low low speed? If it’s a very very very low speed so u still get a big ph jump causexofctje adoration?

Yep the Aqualink has a freeze protect program that monitors the ambient air temp and when it falls below 35, it runs a special program to keep things from freezing. The pump goes to 3000rpms ("pool" setting) and I can add other devices into the program. So if I add the "Rockfall" it will turn it on. I only have the pump in the mix at the moment though.

freeze.jpg

I waited to long as well. They are coming tomorrow to close up. My freeze protection has been running at night. It’s 60 during the day and in the low 40’s at night. We had a wind storm Sat night that out every leaf in 3sw miles in my pool. My skimmer was clogged and half covered surface with leaves. I just powered down the pump. I couldn’t keep up with leaves or get them cleaned out fast enough. I need to keep cleaning today and get it back turned on this afternoon.

18x36 vinyl liner ,19k gallons, Hayward Sand Filter, Maxflo VS pump, Hayward VS Omni automation, Aquarite 900 SWCG, Rheem 115k Heat pump, Colorlogic LED, Dolphin M400 robot, TF-100/K-1766

Weather here went down hill fast, water temp 51, I could have closed weeks ago. I decided to close it myself this year and ordered a cyclone from amazon due to arrive today. Luckily the leaves are very slow to change this year so very few leaves dropping yet. Nice temps for the next few days so not desperate to close. Maybe tomorrow.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.