Clicking Sound From Hot Tub motor -- SOLVED --

Mar 28, 2017
cali
I did a recent drain/fill and upon startup, display read PSoL and pump made clicking sound on low speed and limited flow from jets.
PSoH came on once, but haven't seen it a second time. Jumpered the flow switch contacts and PSoL disappears and heater kicks on, clicking remains.
Checked voltage in and voltage at the pump electrical connection, both legs are getting 115-120.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Thanks

Acura Spa
Century Pump 2spd

MZkSGMV.jpg

M9WWOav.jpg

Rt8T9gm.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Clicking Sound From Hot Tub motor

Isn't clicking normally associated with relay actions? My tub was tripping the GFI plug so I decided to replace the relays after pretty much isolating everything else that I thought might be causing the tripping. No more noise from the relays and so far so good with the GFI. Hope it stays that way.

Issue resolved: Obstruction

After letting the spa sit for a couple days, and restarting system, i thought magically the problem would correct itself...[sarcasm]like anything else with motors, boards and sensors ;) [/sarcasm]
but same errors displayed. but further attention to the sound at the pump led me to wonder about the frequency of the sound, which seemed to me to be impeller related....so i pulled the pump to investigate possible obstruction and sure enough a jet nozzle was lodged in intake pipe a few centimeters away from impeller.
removed it, replaced pump, checked for leaks and restarted: error code not displayed and pump heater kicks on and clicking absent from pump.
Thanks!

yes, it is a good ending to current spa-tuation...
a few jet nozzles are going south to corrosionville so a few replacements are in order. replaced the pump not too long ago due to seals gone bad...and the impellor seized on the shaft and had to be replaced but i think i was sent an incorrect replacement seal kit or impeller for some reason cause it would never operate again proplerly and the wetend got a crack so....yeaH.
happy haloween!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.