What do I do with this "Water Feature?"

MouseMan54

May 18, 2016
Riverside, CA
This is a 'Water Feature' at my new house and pool. It stands by itself but it is plumbed into the pool. It has a separate manually switched pump that also controls three waterfalls into my pool. IMO this is a horrible thing to do. This feature sits and gets plant debris etc. plus there's no cleaning going on and the surface is just painted concrete. My big concern is I'm going to be constantly batteling this thing to keep algae out of my pool. Since it mixes water from to pool and the fountain.

Eventually I will most likely isolate this with it's own pump, or just demo it, as I'm not that fond of it. Since we just moved and I have two other major construction projects to get through it will probably be at least a year until I can get to it. I don't want to tie the pump for this to the main timer as the waterfalls and fountain cause the PH to jump up quickly. So for I've just been trying to run it for an hour or two every day or so just to keep water circulating. Any other thoughts?

IMG_2934.jpg

It's maybe 20 feet from the pool but off to the side. Actual very close to the equipment. I just not sure where the plumbing is. If it's under the sidewalk, that's a much bigger project. It's not every really where anyone can enjoy it while it's on...

Where does it tie into the pump? From the pool or by the pad? I have ideas!

Is there a suction place for the water to get back to where ever it goes? The "return" would be the fountain pipe I would think. See if you can draw out a diagram how the water goes and comes so we can really see what you are dealing with.

Kim:kim:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.