12 Day Vacation - Tablets?

iain42

Oct 16, 2016
Little Rock AR
Finished first pool season without any outbreaks or too many mistakes. Now we are going on vacation since the water is too cold in the pool we are heading for rural bahamas. I ordered a solar pool cover to keep debris out. I have a friend who can empty the skimmer baskets. Going to raise the chlorine levels to shock levels day before we leave town. My CYA is 30 so low I'm going to use tablets but I've never used them before. To make it 12 days how many tablets should I use to make the 12 days? Will it need to be reloaded?

Thanks

I’m not an expert (beyond my own pool), but generally the tablets dissolve quicker in Warmer water. Looks to be pretty cool in your neck, so I’d imagine a float full of tablets will last you the 12 days just fine. I’m at 75 degrees and I still have a single tablet I put in last Monday (so it’s been 7 days) and it’s about 1/2 size.

I stick my float on a 1/2 PVC pipe, spike anchored into ground, sticks out about 3 feet into the pool, away from skimmer and it dissipates most effectively that way.

I’m not an expert (beyond my own pool), but generally the tablets dissolve quicker in Warmer water. Looks to be pretty cool in your neck, so I’d imagine a float full of tablets will last you the 12 days just fine. I’m at 75 degrees and I still have a single tablet I put in last Monday (so it’s been 7 days) and it’s about 1/2 size.

I stick my float on a 1/2 PVC pipe, spike anchored into ground, sticks out about 3 feet into the pool, away from skimmer and it dissipates most effectively that way.

OK thank you that makes me feel so much better about leaving. If I raise to shock level and level 3 or 4 tablets I should be good to go.

Thanks again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.