Rubber Piece Falling Off Dolphin S300i

Jul 10, 2014
Baton Rouge, LA
So my Dolphin S300i is just over two years old and has recently developed a tendency to “lose” the rubber flap on the bottom front of the unit. Three times in the past couple of weeks this black rubber piece has turned up in my skimmer. I’ve popped it back in every time (not very easy), but I’ve had enough of this game. Anyone else ever had this issue? Any tips for a permanent solution?
b2c9f84089f1455d97563e42636ddca7.jpg

594a089fe067f4b8fecdc829f6d10d6d.jpg

Could be just worn out or slightly deformed from the 2 years of exposure to chlorinated water. I would just order a new. I did a little searching and found it at Marina Pool parts for $3.99. Cheaper than a set of windshield wipers for your car.

Maytronics Dolphin 9983102 Rapid Drain Flap

SKU: MAY 9983102

I just found my rapid drain flap floating in my skimmer. Didn’t know what or where it came from. Found out it’s from my Warrior SE
this has been a huge issue for my Warrior SE. the rubber flap easily falls off when the bag is full, and it's a pain to reattach. Also each time after I pull the robot up for cleaning and put it back into the water, I later find the flap on the floor after a scheduled run. Had pentair come by, they sent a new flap, but it doesn't help. Seems like a design flaw, but I'm surprised that I don't see many reports about this issue, perhaps just a defect somewhere around the flap area. I'm tempted to permanently super glue the flap bumps to the robot wall holes where they attach (like 8 of 'em) but not sure if that'll work or ruin it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
you can stick the flap up from the bottom between the rear brush and the wall, line up the holes and pull the rubber bumps through the holes to attach it, without removing the brush.
This is what I did and the flapper kept coming off. When my new flapper arrived from Marina, I took the brush roller off to get a good look. I had to use a screwdriver to push the flapper in from one side and then needle nose pliers on the other side to get each rubber bump to fully attach. I think if I would done this with my old flapper, it would have stayed connected. You really have to get the bumps in there all the way, or it will keep falling off.

Last edited:
This is what I did and the flapper kept coming off. When my new flapper arrived from Marina, I took the brush roller off to get a good look. I had to use a screwdriver to push the flapper in for one side and then needle nose pliers on the other side to get each rubber bump to fully attach. I think if I would done this with my old flapper, it would have stayed connected. You really have to get the bumps in there all the way, or it will keep falling off.
oh interesting!!! I used to just pull the bumps through the holes with my fingures they looked good but maybe that was the issue. I have now used plyer to pull them all the way in AND used hot glue gun as well, hopefully they stay this time for good! I already noticed the robot seem stronger with suction and wall claiming, but will see how it does. thanks a lot for sharing the tip!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.