Automation needs a new watch!

ZWExton

Gold Supporter
May 17, 2018
Allen, TX
I've got an Aqualogic automation system running a Hayward VSP and Polaris pool cleaner.

These components all work, but the automation system cannot keep track of what time it is. This began happening within the last week, and I can't find any discernable pattern to the failures.

What happens is that I will notice the pool dormant when it shouldn't be, and find the clock shows 9:04am at 3pm. I return an hour later, and the clock still shows 9:04am. So it's not as if it's resetting the time then running the minutes off, it's like time just stops.

When I reset the time myself, the clock starts running normally again for a couple days, then I'll discover it has stopped again at some point.

Any ideas? Can I provide any additional information to help make sense of this?

Maybe it just needs a new watch battery. I’m not familiar with Aqualogic, but my Pentair EasyTouch uses a coin battery to maintain the clock. Open it up & take a look.

It's a known problem. If you search aqualogic clock using the search box, you will find several threads about it.

I don't know of any fix other than to replace the board.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.