New build in Litchfield Park, AZ

nicheel

Silver Supporter
Aug 14, 2018
Litchfield Park, AZ
After researching, talking to others, we (my wife) decided to go with a PB.

Specs: Play pool, 28'x16', 11500 gal, 3'x5' depth, 4' sheer descent, Pebble Sheen, acrylic deck, deco tile, Hayward 5030 filter, VS950 pump, 2 color LEDs, aquanaut cleaner

We signed in early Sep, permit was approved, then it rained a lot. Then it rained again. It's been one of the rainiest months in history. Yesterday they finally began the dig.

IMG_0125.jpg

Good luck with all the rain has your builder talked about flashing the pool with concrete to protect the hole

No. What's that?

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats! Next summer should be much nicer. :swim:

Yes it will. I grew up out here and always had a pool. Wife never wanted one until this last summer. Heat was brutal. Plumbing and equipment is going in today.

- - - Updated - - -

yeah the rain set us back two weeks. crazy how just 2 inches of rain can flood the desert.

yep. hard ground. thats why we get the flash floods and drivers who get stuck.

IMG_0402.jpg

Another rainy weekend in the desert. They started on the rebar Saturday morning until it started to pour. I think the delays are a blessing in disguise. The wife is changing her mind on a couple of items and we have a meeting this Wednesday to finalize deck color, tile, etc.

Question - we were going to install PebbleSheen but my wife really likes the plaster look. The PB's product is called UltraPoz. Has anyone had any issues with UltraPoz?

Solar Pool Heaters - costs and is it worth it?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hi azjim,

Knock on wood, besides the rain delays, the process has been going pretty smooth. Funny, I just received an email from the PB about electricians and inspection next. I noticed you kept your landscaping. We decided to start with a clean slate, I miss my lemon tree.

Are you doing a heater?

Hi azjim,

Knock on wood, besides the rain delays, the process has been going pretty smooth. Funny, I just received an email from the PB about electricians and inspection next. I noticed you kept your landscaping. We decided to start with a clean slate, I miss my lemon tree.

Are you doing a heater?

No on the heater. I bought those palms from Costco 2 years ago and they have really grown. I only paid @ $35 apiece for the queens and the pygmy's, but if I had to replace them with similar size trees now it would be pretty expensive. They all fit in the back of my truck and it was a mother planting them in this concrete soil. I tried to replant a smaller pygmy on the knee wall but it's definitely dying. The excavators had to move a large pygmy so the bobcat could have enough room but they dug it up with the back hoe and dropped in the back corner and it is hanging in there, probably because they took alot of the soils with it so the roots are probably happy. It was a solid move by those guys and I really appreciated that they took the time to plant it and not just rip it out and toss it.

Looks good! Mine failed the pre-gunite inspection!! and then the crazy rain storm happened so I am behind you now. I do remember my PB saying something similar about watering though. I am hopeful they get mine shot this week.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.