CYA Questions

Mar 27, 2017
China Grove NC
Please bear with me as this is my first post. Tested my pool and my CYA is 80, alkalinity 70,and PH 7.8. Recently had a stroke and someone other than myself has been dealing with my pool. Not sure what to do here. Neighbor told me I had to drain it. Please any advice would be SO appreciated. Just put pool in in June.

:wave: Welcome to TFP!

Your cya is a little high but not to the point that would require a draining. With cloudy water you likely need to follow the SLAM Process process. And maintain the proper chlorine level for your CYA according to the [FC/CYA][/FC/CYA].

Abass:

What kind of filter are we working with here? If you have a Sand Filter, it is highly recommended that you look at adding a DE alternative, like Fiber Clear. Used it once during the summer, backwashed last week and getting ready to close the pool, but the water looks still amazing. If you have a cartridge or DE, no need. Please follow the SLAM process.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.