Newbie question - Pool robot

Sep 30, 2018
jackson ms
Hey guys! We are in construction right now. Long story short, our first contractor included a Dolphin DX3 in our contract. It's currently sitting in my garage, all boxed up. Reviews on it say it's a nice robot, but my problem is it doesn't clean the waterline from everything I've read or videos I've watched. We will have a liner pool in Latham's natural gray all the way to the top (no tile border) and I've read where some of y'all have said the solid liners tend to show dirty waterlines more than the tile border liners. My question is....do we sell the unboxed dolphin and find one that gets after the waterline? And if so, what have y'all had success with? Thanks!

P.S. This has to be one of the best sites on the internet in terms of info. Only found it a couple of days ago but holy wow has the feedback been helpful on lots of topics.

Welcome to the forum! :handshake:

I have the basic Active20 from Maytronics. It does scrub the water line. All the Active series robots do. Why not have the contractor take back the DX3 and credit your contract?

If you are interested in learning about TFPC, I suggest you read Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry and consider reviewing the entire Trouble Free Pool School book.

You are best off buying a robot directly, not through a contractor.

I used Marina Pool in Denver. Great service.

Take care.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.