My polaris pool sweeper hoses keeps getting tangled up.

Oct 1, 2018
Visalia
Hey all new to forums, wasn't sure where to start exactly but I noticed that my pool sweeper keeps getting it self tangled up by it's own hose. The hose that comes off the wall. I apologize if that isn't clear enough description. But any tips would be helpful. I am a huge noob when it comes to this stuff. Thanks in advance .

Welcome to TFP.

What is the shape of your pool?

How old is the Polaris and hose?

Is this problem new? Did it ever work correctly?

Have you watched it and seen where it is getting tangled?

If you are going to be hanging around here please Read This BEFORE You Post and put details of your pool in your signature.

The hose and Polaris is about 7 years old vie or take. As far as I know it's a newer problem.

I do plan to stick around, and I will gather more info about my pool and post it in my signature lol. I'm just slow when it comes to it.. been stuck at work for 12 days straight more only day off in a while lol.

7 years is a reasonable life span for a Polaris. It’s up to you how much time versus money you want to spend problem-solving versus replacing it. All the parts are replaceable, but at some point it’s just simpler to chuck out the old one and get a new one.

If you are handy a Polaris sweeper can be rebuilt for less than half the price of a new one.

If you are not handy then after 7 years many parts are worn that is contributing to your problem and it is best to just buy a new one and plug it into your pool.

Which model Polaris do you have?

Lot's of possibilities here, but as asked what model would help, I'm guessing a 280 if so, then as stated the hose age for sure, back-up valve, wheel RPM and check the head float if it has a leak or is filled with water, it will slide off and you can shake it to hear if it's flooded.

The hose floats and hose swivels, make sure your hose is actually floating and that the hose swivels freely rotate as well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.