Winter cover for AGP with deck

Aug 10, 2017
Itasca, IL
IMG_0916.jpg
Hi all,

So last year, we bought a cheap cover and used pillows to winterize it (pillows deflated before end of season.) Now this year, we have a deck. It's from great escape along with the pool and so the deck is at the end of the oval pool - so it's about 6' x 14'. 4' wide in middle of pool at its thinnest.

Do any of you have a suggestion on what size cover to get and how to cover the rectangular shaped deck since it has felt and would get really gross and dirty without being covered?

Thanks in advance!
Stephanie

Is the deck wood? felt glued to deck ? is the felt artificial grass"
I myself would remove the " felt" or whatever it is or not cover deck.
Anything attached to the floor, will cause premature rot under it.
Will take forever to dry in summer rains, and winter snow just sits on it
as an example, a door mat on a wooden deck , after a rain, the surface below will take forever to dry and even worse if it has a rubber bottom.

The deck is a metal of some kind and i'm not sure how the felt is affixed to the deck but it came that way...we have no intention of removing it....I don't believe it is removable so that's why we are wondering about covering it with a cover during the winter months...

Get a cover for 16X32. Pull the cover down between the uprights, clip and run the wire thru the grommets. Put a tarp over the deck and tie it to the uprights. Tie the cover off to the uprights at the deck and get some weights on top of the cover at the edge of the pool. Tying the cover off over the tarp will help hold the tarp down.

20160924_130307.jpg

The deck is a metal of some kind and i'm not sure how the felt is affixed to the deck but it came that way...we have no intention of removing it....I don't believe it is removable so that's why we are wondering about covering it with a cover during the winter months...

It should be a rug glued down. I had mine replaced with indoor/outdoor carpet 3 summers ago. My deck, fence & uprights are all aluminium.

I had thought of using a tarp to put over our deck so thanks for the idea! So basically we just used the wire that came with the cover and draped it around our deck fence supports all the way around (cover is 18x34) so we had plenty of give since our pool is 15x30. Then put big concrete blocks over the cover on the deck. so hopefully it will be ok.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.