Aquabright Ecofinish: any new updates? Im thinking about this finish for my pool

orthopod

Gold Supporter
Jan 12, 2008
Braselton, Ga
We are getting close to choosing pool finish. We have selected Pebblesheen ocean blue, but the Ecofinish ecobright finish really intrigues me. I have been following Brians responses on the forum and threads with the finish. Wish I could get a sample in my hands and take a look at some examples.

I have emailed the distributor in Atlanta with no response, twice. Doesn't leave me with a good feeling for service after the sale.

I like the idea of a chemically inert finish, smooth finish, and no fading of color. Immediate startup, etc. Our pool that we are building is big, and Im sure Im going to be chasing chemistry quite a bit....I'd love less maintenence.

Does anyone have a picture of Midnight Blue?

Does the pool finish feel like a fiberglass pool?

We seriously debated it but then decided against it. Mainly for the reason that the local applicator had only done 2 jobs before. Plus no pool builder wanted to risk it and said any warranty issues would be on us if we go with something they don't know. And then there was the price which was almost double of any other finish.

Ultimately we went with wetedge primera stone because we mainly wanted a very smooth finish. We are very happy with it and everybody that has come to visit our pool and takes a step in immediately comments on how nice it feels.

A word of caution: the guy who did our startup for the pool builder did not dose correctly and poured too much acid (2 gallons when 2 cups would have been enough) . I caught it and fixed the chemistry the next day but it still left se spots in the pool rough.

But wetedge came out today and repolished all those areas and it feels amazing now. They also showed me a diamond blade pad I can buy that I can use with my hands like sandpaper that will let me get rid of any scaling, stains or other unevenness if I need to.

I can whole heartedly recommend the product!

We are getting close to choosing pool finish. We have selected Pebblesheen ocean blue, but the Ecofinish ecobright finish really intrigues me. I have been following Brians responses on the forum and threads with the finish. Wish I could get a sample in my hands and take a look at some examples.

I have emailed the distributor in Atlanta with no response, twice. Doesn't leave me with a good feeling for service after the sale.

I like the idea of a chemically inert finish, smooth finish, and no fading of color. Immediate startup, etc. Our pool that we are building is big, and Im sure Im going to be chasing chemistry quite a bit....I'd love less maintenence.

Does anyone have a picture of Midnight Blue?

Does the pool finish feel like a fiberglass pool?

It doesn't feel slippery like fiberglass but more like very smooth plaster -and it will stay that way.

Now that I've looked I don't have any pictures of midnight pools that are full. You've seen the ones on the website?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.