suggestions to save the frogs?

https://www.amazon.com/Swimline-70200SL-FrogLog-Critter-Saving/dp/B004UHY2TY

2NmPvfy.jpg

The frog log posted above by Quijib0 has worked great for me for 3 years. And it keeps away the elephants, too! Lol!!! Seriously, though, I saw it in action earlier this summer. I had been cleaning the pool the day before and forgot to place the frog logs back in their spots (just before, circulation wise, the skimmer opening). When I went out the next morning, there was a frog swimming back and forth in front of the spot where one of the frog logs always is. It was like the little guy knew it was supposed to be there. So I put the frog log back in it's spot, and the frog swam right to it, climbed up on it and sat for at least 10 minutes (then I went inside). I think he was tired and catching his breath. It was gratifying to see the fella find his way so quickly out of the water. Now I have visions of frogs swimming their morning laps in the pool and jumping out via the frog logs!

To add to my proof, neighbors often report finding frogs and snakes in their pools - even rats. I've never had any!

Suz

The frog log posted above by Quijib0 has worked great for me for 3 years. And it keeps away the elephants, too! Lol!!! Seriously, though, I saw it in action earlier this summer. I had been cleaning the pool the day before and forgot to place the frog logs back in their spots (just before, circulation wise, the skimmer opening). When I went out the next morning, there was a frog swimming back and forth in front of the spot where one of the frog logs always is. It was like the little guy knew it was supposed to be there. So I put the frog log back in it's spot, and the frog swam right to it, climbed up on it and sat for at least 10 minutes (then I went inside). I think he was tired and catching his breath. It was gratifying to see the fella find his way so quickly out of the water. Now I have visions of frogs swimming their morning laps in the pool and jumping out via the frog logs!

To add to my proof, neighbors often report finding frogs and snakes in their pools - even rats. I've never had any!

Suz

That is the cutest thing Suz! Glad you found him in time.

Our pool was just finished about 6 weeks ago. I found one dead frog the very fist morning in the skimmer :( And since then I've pulled out 3 alive! Two were swimming around in the morning when I went out to do my brushing and I found another one day while I was already swimming in the pool in the afternoon!

We have 2 skimmers, just wondering if I should get 2 of these or will 1 do?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.