Green Pool this morning, Hot and Humid Party tomorrow... HELP!

Flag on field!!

That’s not TFP regulation clear. If it looks like that tomorrow.....break out the super-soakers and let them cool off that way.

I like to fill my super-soakers with Bud Light .... makes the game more fun and, because it’s light beer, it’s like water anyway.

I agree, definitely not the clear water I've been so proud of the rest of the summer. Is it dangerous or unhealthy to swim in water like this?

- - - Updated - - -

FC seems seems to be holding firm at 19.5ppm. Reduced DE to half cup and pressure still rose to 10 so I'll work with that for a while.

I agree, definitely not the clear water I've been so proud of the rest of the summer. Is it dangerous or unhealthy to swim in water like this?

- - - Updated - - -

FC seems seems to be holding firm at 19.5ppm. Reduced DE to half cup and pressure still rose to 10 so I'll work with that for a while.

It is extremely dangerous, drowning is fast & silent. Diligent supervision is impossible in that state.

A public pool with that visibility would be padlocked.

Sometimes I just have to drop the hammer & go down the the morbid trail.

I would not let my children in that pool.

It is extremely dangerous, drowning is fast & silent. Diligent supervision is impossible in that state.

I have to agree ^^^ :drown:

Hopefully it will look better in the morning! Stay on that filter and let us know how it goes.

Yeah...what he said ^^

But overall DE what helped get rid of algea. I backwashed maybe 10 times since Tuesday and pool looks great right now for party tomorrow.

Just to clarify, filters to not eliminate live algae, chlorine does.

The DE is to help the sand filter catch the dead algae that’s been killed by the chlorine.

Weather is pretty crappy, so I doubt we'll have much pool action today. BUT my niece and nephew are fish and they'll want to swim unless there is thunder and lighting.

Let me know what you guys think about the clarity. Also, FC is at 17.5 and I'm thinking I won't add any more until after the party. Should I keep it at 20? Figure high but not shock level high would be more comfortable to swim in, but not sure.

Weather is pretty crappy, so I doubt we'll have much pool action today. BUT my niece and nephew are fish and they'll want to swim unless there is thunder and lighting.

Let me know what you guys think about the clarity. Also, FC is at 17.5 and I'm thinking I won't add any more until after the party. Should I keep it at 20? Figure high but not shock level high would be more comfortable to swim in, but not sure.

We are in the same boat neighbor, family cookout/pool party/movie night plans ruined by the weather (I have a projector and 10 foot screen that I hang on the house by the patio).

That deep end is far from clear. Yea, I can see the vac, but I still wouldn’t let my kid swim in there.

Patience.... your water will be clear if you follow the SLAM. Here is my water clarity at 48”

IMG_0513.jpg

Pool is 18 foot diameter, so that vac is a good 16 feet from the camera, under 4 feet of water.

IMG_0041.jpg

EDIT:
Wow, I just realized how much my liner has faded after 4 seasons. I actually prefer the lighter shade LOL.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I like the lighter color too. I'm due for a new liner in the next year or 2 and my wife likes the darker blue. My liner now is very light blue and the water looks like the carribbean. At least it did before yesterday.

Is the concern just with visibility? Or are there health concerns with the algae or chlorine?

Algae is just a nuisance, it’s only a green plant. But if FC got low enough for algae to grow, it’s possible that bacteria could have as well. Odds are not really, but it’s possible if the FC goes to 0.

How long has the pool been consistently at SLAM levels?

Yes, visibility is a big concern.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.