Pebble discoloration

Oct 9, 2016
Belton/TX
Can adding bleach daily possibly cause pebble discoloration? We have dark pebblefina and in ground floor cleaners and at about 6 inches from the cleaners there are areas that look whiter than the rest of the pebble....like bleach has pooled in those spots and discolored it is that is possible??? I imagine MA could do that but when ever I do acid I pour it so slow and brush like crazy

ht,

I would suspect it is because the water leaving the in-floor system is acting like a cutting tool on the dark plaster.. Is the discoloration in a circle? Is it around every cleaner head, or just one or two?

Thanks,

Jim R.

How are you adding the bleach? Are you pouring slowly in front of a return with the pump running?

Yes, and leave pump running at least 30 minutes

- - - Updated - - -

ht,

I would suspect it is because the water leaving the in-floor system is acting like a cutting tool on the dark plaster.. Is the discoloration in a circle? Is it around every cleaner head, or just one or two?

Thanks,

Jim R.

It is around at least 60% of the heads....and primarily on the side I pour the bleach. The discoloration is in semi circles around some of the heads but looks more like long thick lines down the left side of the pool

ht,

I would watch the heads at work and see if they match the pattern you are seeing.

I don't know for sure it is the in-floor system, but I am having a hard time believing it is the liquid chlorine and can't think of anything else that would cause the issue.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.