While out of town using pucks

edibower

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 29, 2013
Phoenix,AZ
We are going to be out of town for 6 days, and I have no one to add Chlorine while we are gone, so I am going to have to use the dreaded pucks. I am not to concerned since the CYA level is at 40 and 5 or 6 days of pucks shouldnt throw it to out of whack I dont think. My question is since I havent used chlorine pucks in so long what are the best types of pucks to use, already knowing no pucks is best? Thanks in advance

Read the labels, make sure they don't have any copper compounds. Nothing with "blue" in the name.

Pucks have a purpose, so to say they're evil isn't really fair. In my opinion, what you're doing is exactly their purpose: chlorine addition when you can't do it yourself. As long as you know what it's going to to do your pool water, you can add whatever you like. I just took a weekend away, put pucks in the feeder, and didn't think twice about it. Seems like you know it'll add CYA, and how much, so go for it.

How will you dissolve the pucks? Do you have an inline chlorinator or will you be using a floater?

I have used pucks in floaters and find it takes a full week for them to dissolve in the summer.

How will you dissolve the pucks? Do you have an inline chlorinator or will you be using a floater?

I have used pucks in floaters and find it takes a full week for them to dissolve in the summer.

Yes, you want the pucks to dissolve over the week. Adding chlorine slowly 24/7 after bringing up to SLAM level.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.