CYA Powder blowing back into Pool

Moved from here

I've poured CYA through the skimmer and literally watched the granules blow out the returns. It was only a small amount. Filter and pool is only 2 months old, it was set to FILTER not recirculate, and it is functioning perfectly. I read that it could be a crevasse in the sand or the screen
Is missing on the Air relief tube inside the pump. Still have no idea but its not blowing sand out at all so idk how these granules are coming out the returns but they definitely are.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it a top mount multiport or side mount?

Most likely, it's an internal air bleeder issue. If you have a side mount multiport, there is a tube that should terminate near the top dome and the tube should have a screen. If the screen is missing, minor debris can go through the tube and back to the pool.

If you have a top mount multiport, there is a minor bypass issue somehow. Maybe an air bleed, I'm not sure.

In any case, probably not a big deal.

Just use the sock method when adding cyanuric acid.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.