moore887

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
In The Industry
Aug 14, 2018
CAPE CORAL
Hi all,

Greetings from a currently wet and muggy Cape Coral this evening. I've been stumbling across this forum quite often as I google questions in anticipation of our new pool construction which we have just set in motion. We are going with a basic in-ground pool. Our only real add on options are a sun-shelf and a salt water system. I'm hoping someday to become proficient enough that I might even be able to get a CPO credential and maybe even take up a career in pool maintenance. I would be interested in hearing from individuals who work with pools as to what it's like.

We were also wondering this evening about going solar for our home electric. One of our neighbors has what looks like rubber tubes on his shingle roof which he says are only for heating his pool. However, he also has an electric pool heater. I imagine that he uses that to bring the temperature up for his whirlpool/spa. We were thinking of getting the actual solar that can generate electricity. I'm wondering, given that we are getting an electric pool heater with our pool, would it be a better idea just to get the solar tubes to supplement the electric heater or go full on and get the actual solar panels. Given someone suggested that our own roof should be replaced in 3-5 years, we might be jumping the gun a little.

Anyway, I'm happy to be a member of this group. Look forward to posting on the forums!

D