New Member from Livonia, MI

Aug 14, 2018
Livonia, MI
Hey guys, I am looking to get a new in-ground pool to replace my above-ground 15 round. I have had the above-ground for over 15 years and now I am looking for something different. Do any of you guys have any issues with animals (birds, squirrels, etc.) in your pool? Let me know, please!

Hi and welcome! :wave: Well, any in-ground pool owner will tell you that at one time or another they found something in the pool. Either insects, frogs, a mouse, squirrel, or any number of rodents/animal that were unfortunate enough to take the plunge and not make it out. While we have little control over the birds, insects, and smaller critters, the larger animals are often protected by a fence when reasonable. That's how I keep my 5 dogs away from my pool unless it's play time. But don't let that one issue sway your decision. If you want an in-ground, go for it. You'll adapt and enjoy it.

p4l,

Welcome to TFP... a great place to find the answers to all of your "Zoology" questions.. :shark:

About the only wild animals I have had in my pool are my grandkids and ducks... I like the ducks better... :p

dbtgallery.php

Jim R.