Stain remover help

Jun 3, 2018
Muncie
Hello all..

Too any of you who helped me with the cleaning and slamming of my pool you will remember I purchased my home with the assumed truth that it had been left uncovered for a few years and it was closer to a decade when truth was finally told...I had a disaster! 13 trash barrels and 6 weeks of slamming later and I'm left with cosmetic issues.

I'm trying to see if there is a way to remove these surface stains or lightening them up until next summer when I may be able to drain and have it repainted. I don't want to drain it if possible but these stains bother me. Any ideas? To help save time I have trouble shooted a spot test. A chlorine puck on the stain does nothing. Any ideas would be great.

There's a whole industry out there on stain removal. For metal/mineral stains, the general essence is to lower the chlorine to almost zero, hit it hard with ascorbic or citric acid and acidify the water (some say dow into the 4-5 range but I think mid 6 should be sufficient). This is for plaster pools. Unfortunately, the resultant highly negative CSI water is not good for your fiberglass walls, promoting water absorption through gelcoat pores and blistering. Ask me how I know! :brickwall:

Good luck!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.