plumbing in new pool pump

I put silicone lube on the oring and tightened it down. The sensor was not reinstalled when I redid the pvc from the discharge to the filter (pump position had shifted due to the unions). No sign of any leaks anywhere. There is a 3 way port with valve actuator on the line coming into the pump. Wondering if maybe there is a leak there where air is getting in. I would think I would see water leaking if that were the case though.

OK, latest update...took the pump off and to the local pool store and had them evaluate it. They replaced the diffuser oring and the strainer basked oring. It was better after that but still gradually losing water in the pump. Next, replaced all the orings in the valves on the intake side. Better yet, but still drawing in air somewhere.

Poured some water on top of the clear pump lid, just enough to form a bead around the seam where the clear lid meets the hard almond outer ring. Within a a few minutes the water was gone presumably leaked in between the clear lid and almond ring. I just applied some silicone between those 2 parts, we'll see what we get next. The lid is original, the pump strainer tank is new....maybe they just don't line up (although, I thought that's what the oring is for?).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.