Pool currently filling. Couple of quick questions :)

Jun 25, 2018
Phoenix, Arizona
I did a pool build on my own and just had the plaster done today. Pool just started filling a couple of hours ago. I have a couple quick questions. My autoleveler hasn’t been installed yet. Does this get installed before or after the pool is filled? Also I opened up the two skimmers and they are completely filled with mud. I assume these need to be totally cleaned out prior to the water getting up to skimmer level?

I did a pool build on my own and just had the plaster done today. Pool just started filling a couple of hours ago. I have a couple quick questions. My autoleveler hasn’t been installed yet. Does this get installed before or after the pool is filled? Also I opened up the two skimmers and they are completely filled with mud. I assume these need to be totally cleaned out prior to the water getting up to skimmer level?

Auto leveler depends on type but most can be fitted later.

Yes get mud out of anything to do with the water system if possible.

Read pool school for new plaster! Yes of course clean everything that will touch the water you don't want to start out dirty.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.