Polaris Problem - WTH?

Jun 8, 2016
Tulare, CA
More often than not these days, I wake up in the morning to find my Polaris Sweeper in knots....literally (see picture). WTH??? Anyone have any ideas what is causing this to happen over and over - its been 3 days in a row now?

Now, I will say the hose itself and all the connections do rotate freely when I turn them, but they are also the original equipment - 5 to 7 years old is my best guess. Do chlorine and sun damage the hose and degrade the flexibility -- is that what is happening here?

Open to ideas and your thoughts.IMG_0290.jpg

Agree, BUV issue here, would also suggest to check wheel RPM, thrust jet position and the rear float to make sure it's not water logged. Look at the hose like you would a garden hose, in the summer when it's very hot and warm water, it's like a wet noodle for flexibility, during the cooler months into winter, when your water temp is cold, the hose will be stiff and not as pliable. UV does effect the hose at some point and makes it not as pliable, but doubt that's your issue.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.