Shotcrete done but wetdeck/tanning ledge too shallow.

Please tell me you got all of this in writing. If you did not send him a follow up text and/or email with something like: "As a follow up to our meeting on Thurs. ........." laying out what he said he would do.

Glad you stuck with them taking it down! Good job! Did you have to "growl" at him?

You beat me to it. One cannot take anything on someone’s word in this business. If it’s not in writing, it didn’t happen. I would insist on a change order or modification/addendum to the original contract. I learned some expensive lessons the hard way.

thats pretty sloppy concrete work, they didnt bother hand troweling it out, they shaved w trim boards and left it. the leftover in yard is fine they will clean it, but they shoulda used a level to make the flatwork decent. even 6" is too shallow for a sundeck unless your laying on the pool itself. shaving the stairs and the deck is the only way to fix this cant raise it up the skimmers wont work

Please tell me you got all of this in writing. If you did not send him a follow up text and/or email with something like: "As a follow up to our meeting on Thurs. ........." laying out what he said he would do.

Glad you stuck with them taking it down! Good job! Did you have to "growl" at him?

Yes we had it on an addendum, and they just completed the fix today. Hopefully no more mistakes moving forward!
And yes I had to “growl” at him, although I’m not so good at it. :eek:

You must be better at it than you think..........really it is attitude, tone of voice, and body language more than the words you say......just ask my husband :roll: LOL

Here is hoping they do a better job from now on since they know you will not back up!

Kim:kim:

Yay! Very glad to hear the PB is going to fix it properly.

If anything, they should give us some discounts for the hassle and delay!

Couldn't agree more! I wrote this in another's thread:

There seems to be this notion that if the PB eats the entire cost of the redo, resolving his own misdoing, and you end up with a pool that looks like it should have in the first place, but has undergone serious reconstruction, that somehow that is the pinnacle of what the PB should be liable for, and that him trying to negotiate that down is somehow acceptable. How did we get here? The PB repairing his mistake at no cost to the PO, and absorbing all incidental expenses, should be the minimum he's responsible for, the rock bottom negotiating number, and some compensation for loss of use, stress, inconvenience, etc. should be added to that resolution. And g-forbid any sort of apology would be offered (I'm still waiting for mine!!). As in, from day one, NOT after some long protracted battle: "Gee, this is entirely my fault. I am so sorry for this. Not only am I going to completely redo this for you, at no cost to you, but I'm going to upgrade your finish to PebbleTec for free, and throw in a free robot cleaner for the inconvenience I caused."

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.