Taking over pool care

Today’s results

FC 13.5
CC 0
pH 7.6
TA 100
CH 210
CYA not tested, last reading 100

I’m considering using some cal-hypo for a bit to bring CH up to 300ish, otherwise, water is clear, pH is reasonably stable and I’m only using 1-3ppm FC per day depending on bather load

The only reason I’m thinking about the CH is that someone posted earlier that the zeosand media works best with CH around 250. I’m going to try to switch the filter back to sand next year so I can add a little DE and really polish the water

I'm the one that made the statement below:

You might want to note the ZeoSand in your signature. That detail may make a difference at some point in your care.

I have no experience with it, read more bad than good about it. Perhaps that's why your folks had previous cloudy problems. I recall reading that it works better with Calcium levels over 200-250?, if true, you might want to watch your level with all the rain you have had recently.

They "claim" DE performance levels, so one would assume the performance boost from adding DE to it would not be the same as adding to sand.

I thought I was clear that I didn't know, but you might want to find out if the Calcium level mattered.

Naturally for the life of me I can't find where I read it when I was considering using a Zeo Product. :scratch: But I also noticed that the ZeoInc site no longer claims to be able to reduce Calcium levels. :confused:

Sorry for any confusion this may have caused.

No worries, I’m very much in the mulling it over phase. If CH goes below 200 I’ll bump it up a bit mainly to make it easy to keep CSI neutral. I know it’s not strictly necessary for vinyl pools but I’m a bit of a perfectionist and neutral CSI has benefits for all the pool equipment as well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.