AquaFirst Pool Rover

Apr 30, 2016
Bettendorf, IA
I purchased an AquaFirst Pool Rover with my new pool. I got to use it for the first time two days ago and wow. This thing is heavenly and I will never miss vacuuming. Question is my pool is salt water and I am concerned it may negatively affect the rover. I left it in overnight due to a storm that blew through. Then yesterday I took "Steve" (the kids named him, lol) out of the pool and cleaned him thoroughly with the garden hose. When longevity is concerned should I perform some preventative maintenance on "Steve" to prevent the negative affects of the salt?

We sure do want Steve to live a good long life! That is a very good question! I know some people leave their cleaners in 24/7. Does the manual address preventative maintenance a all?

This should serve as a bump to get this in front of more eyes.

I don’t leave Phin (S200) in the pool overnight. There are some folks on here that do. If you choose to seems that you may have to change wheels or rollers a little more often but that’s just a thought. I take mine out because I didn’t like having something in the pool all the time plus I certainly wouldn’t leave it plugged in. I do believe my manual said not to leave it in the pool.

Actually the manual does say that a full cleaning and washout is required after use, which I did. While I did leave Steve in all night, I took his power supply in the house. I think I'll just plan on removing him after use and doing a full wash down.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.