Ring Pro vs Nest Hello doorbell?

I have the Ring Pro for my front door and Flood Light Cam over my garage. So far, its been pretty convenient. I've been able to "greet" UPS or FedEX deliveries and ask them to move larger items to far more protected area. I got mine via Costco that included the cloud service for 1 year after the 30 day free trial ended.

You do tend to become hyper vigilant though, with every notification making you go into the app to see who's outside LOL. You can set up how many alerts you recieve and as well as the motion zones for the camera to pick up on.

There are a few times where I haven't been able to connect to the device but usually an app restart fixes it. There is a bit of a tiny delay when talking to people but it depend on your internet service.

Hope that helps!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have the Nest doorbell and it's great, it's my first month though so I haven't had any experience if it will eat all that data? It does record everything, and you can scroll through the entire day in a time lapse fashion which is really cool. It's helped out already as my wife has spoken to people in the front yard when I was missing and needed to answer the door. It's most likely the same as Ring, but I don't have any experience in Ring either.

Another vote for the Skybell HD. I got mine from Amazon and it works perfectly. A couple of neighbors who had Ring bells switched to Skybell after seeing the clarity and night images of my Skybell. This coupled with 5 Arlo Pro wireless cams gives me great video coverage of the entire property.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.