Sharing an idea

Envious of TF vial with black lines. Sharpie didn't work well (tried that first thing). Hmmm, nail polish. But what shade? Cuz sometimes I test in the morning, other times in the evening? Should it match my shoes? Or lips? Maybe I should start a new thread about it...

What about using some tape to mark above the line--similar to the way the label is used on the CYA testing squeeze bottle?

Or, you could get one of those small graduated medicine cups that comes with liquid medicine. Cut the cup down to 10 mL size, and you have a pre-measured 10 mL scoop. The fun is in the figuring out a new and different way.

Envious of TF vial with black lines. Sharpie didn't work well (tried that first thing). Hmmm, nail polish. But what shade? Cuz sometimes I test in the morning, other times in the evening? Should it match my shoes? Or lips? Maybe I should start a new thread about it...

Fuscia! To match your fire-y personality! :)

I just tested in the dark this morning. W/O sample sizer how do you see the lines? One time purchase, years of repeatable testing.

I'm telling ya, the TF-100 vials are the bomb.dot.com! I can read the lines easily. Fits the Speed Stir device perfectly. What's not to love??

Maddie :flower:

I just tested in the dark this morning. W/O sample sizer how do you see the lines? One time purchase, years of repeatable testing.

I always test indoors, under an LED under-counter light. Consistent environment for testing, 24/365, easy to see colors and levels and results, etc.

I'm telling ya, the TF-100 vials are the bomb.dot.com! I can read the lines easily. Fits the Speed Stir device perfectly. What's not to love??

I thought I had read the TF-100 vial was a slightly different diameter, and therefore was some sort of issue for the SpeedStir (though I now can't remember what the issue was).

This is funny, I am going through this same problem. Just testing fc and trying to get 10mm in the speedstir vile. When i am on, a couple pour offs and I have 10mm. When I am off, pour out, get more water, pour out, pour out, get more water.....it gets old quick. Thought hard about the sample sizer, but $17 and shipping, have to think more on it. I have a squirt bottle, but I end up taking more water than I need and then I feel I am wasting water. But I drain more water from my swimsuit just getting out of the pool. I still don’t have an easy good solution.

I just found this post. I had the same thought, about taking more than I need. I leave the water I don't use in the squirt bottle, then when I test the next time I bring it out to the pool and dump it back in before I rinse with "fresh" pool water and then take the next sample. So I don't actually use any more pool water than I need to.

Man, are we sharpening this pencil!! ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.