Swamp Pool - Safe for Robot?

Jul 10, 2018
West Henrietta, NY
Hey all,

So...due to circumstances beyond my control, my pool was not opened last year and has not been opened yet this year. I purchased the Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus which should be arriving today. Over the weekend, I went to get the pool up and running to find the pump motor dead. I ordered a replacement and it should be arriving by the end of the week.

My pool is an in-ground 16'x25' with steps and has had a mesh safety cover on it. The water is, of course, horrid and the liner is covered with dirt. I'm well-aware this is going to be a nightmare clean up.

To my question: is it safe for the robot if I pull off the cover and start using the robot even though the pool is not circulating / chem'd up / etc? This is my first robot and was a pretty significant investment for me and I don't want to break it or void the warranty out of the gate. I've sent a note to Maytronics with the same question but have not received a response as of the time of this posting.

Thank you in advance!

I had a feeling that was going to be the case. There probably won't be much large debris because of the cover, but I'll wait see if I can wait patiently for the motor to come and let it run for a week to see how bad the bottom of the pool really is in that regard.

As recommended, I've added my signature...and, after much thought, named my cleaner "Mo" after the cleaner from the movie Wall-E....

Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.