Installing in West by god.

Hayseed

Bronze Supporter
Jun 7, 2018
Keyser, WV
I have posted on the TFP many times to prepare myself for what may arise during my experience of building, pool and deck and eventual care for testing and taking care of the water. The actual pool construction has been terribly stalled, first by rain everyday, not allowing to dig the hole, then by myself renting a machine to do the work that turned out to be to small for the job. The pool eventually was delivered, but I had not been able to find an excavator to do the work. I did finally get one and pool hole was finished yesterday. Today had to finish mulching for F-in-law. Tomorrow we will prepare site and actually maybe one day, start putting pool together.IMG_6613.jpgIMG_6663.jpgIMG_6686.jpg

FINALLY!! I have been watching for your build thread! I had begun to wonder what happened............now I know. A diggy too small? Glad you were able to get a bigger one and get started. Looks like you have a fine start already!!

Kim:kim:

If the past is any indicator, it will be one slow process. And i will definitely appreciate all help, if you notice something fishy as the pictures get posted. I already found one problem, I laid out the dig site before I got the pool specs. I allowed for a 26 foot pool, 6 inches of wall on either end and another foot for good measure. So according to specs I should have a hole 28'6". Could have been worse, I will only have to dig a small section out to accommodate the point of the oval.

Fun time, I remember this term. The pool is not shaded by the tree until 730 pm. And if I trim a few branches I could get about another hour. Will wait to see results before trimming anything. Site is great for pool but not for working with picks and shovels. The rocks are the worst. The area under the pool is all fill dirt. This area use to be terraced down to the main road until McDonald's bought it and put in the retaining wall, and filled with rocky rocky fill. The tree is a pin oak, it's leaves stay on year round, most of them any way. The leaves don,t fall until they are pushed off by the new leaves. The tree is rather dismal in the winter, with all the brown dead leaves. Really had to dig down on this side where the supports are, excavator guy not to good reading a transit. Oh, well. I did get some good news, though, guy came by said he wanted all the fill dirt. Now I don't have to pay the other guy 300 to haul it away. Taking tomorrow off will be back at it Monday I hope.IMG_6691.jpgIMG_6694.jpg

I would love to have some dynamite. When we finished for the day we just dropped everything, I guess I will have to go out now, and pick it all up. Calling for evening showers here for the next few days. Maybe it will loosen the dirt and rock, but more likely it will pack harder. Good for the pool bad for the back.

4 pm Sunday, pouring the rain down, filling in the pool, without the liner in place. We ran into a lot of clay in the swimming hole, hope it drains enough to get back to work, sometime next week. Whenever it stops enough I will take a picture. If it doesn't drain, I will start to add the CYA, and chlorine, and go swimming.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Test results of water as follows: ������☠️��. Nothing about putting in more chlorine, more about taking things out. Surprisingly the standing water left quickly after rain, figured with the clay I hit it would not drain very well. First pic is one hour after rain second this morning. It's going to be nice today playing in the muck. Wishing IMG_6701.jpgIMG_6704.jpgyou were here.

In the above pic, it was dried out pretty good, that morning we worked at stomping the water back into the ground. Raining here now. Running out everytime it stops trying to set up the oval end patio blocks. More rain coming tomorrow. Happy days are here again.IMG_6710.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.