Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: 6-8" section of coping lock busted on deep end - is this a problem?

1. Back To Top    #1

6-8" section of coping lock busted on deep end - is this a problem?

Hi,

I have 6-8" section of coping 'lock channel' that is busted off in the deep section. Is this going to be OK, or will it pull the liner down? Is there any tricks or fixes?

Thanks
    Chris
    I believe a 70's-80's fox pool. Steel sides, coated, perhaps galvonized? Wall height 43-1/4" Depth 7' 5" Shape Straight Kidney. Rough dimensions 22' x 34'.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: 6-8" section of coping lock busted on deep end - is this a problem?

Posting some pics of the area would help folks understand the problem.
    -Allen
    IG 20x50 35,000 gal Cayman Lagoon Hydrazoo plaster w/ spa & waterfall, Pentair Intellichlor SWG, Pentair Mastertemp 400BTU Nat Gas Heater, Pentair FNS Plus 60 DE Filter, Polaris 380 cleaner, Meyco solid winter cover, TF100 Test Kit, Built in 2000 & replastered in 2017

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by ajw22 View Post
    Posting some pics of the area would help folks understand the problem.
    Thanks Allen, here is a pic.
    IMG_0770.jpg
    I believe a 70's-80's fox pool. Steel sides, coated, perhaps galvonized? Wall height 43-1/4" Depth 7' 5" Shape Straight Kidney. Rough dimensions 22' x 34'.

4. Back To Top    #4

No one knows if this is an issue? ��

5. Back To Top    #5

I am not a liner expert, nor I have replaced a liner before, but I myself and my inlaws both have vinyl liner pools. While our liner is still secured in the track all the way around the pool, theirs has slipped out in one section about 4"-6" long and I can tell you the liner has sagged down in a semicircle in that section. While it does not look good, it has not seemed to have gotten worse and does not appear to affect the operation of the pool it is something I would avoid it possible. Since it appears your pool is empty and you are installing a new liner I think it would be prudent to try and fix this problem now. If it is not taken care of now just think of how much work it will be to fix it once the pool is full. It seems like this would be a semi-common repair and someone should be able to give you some advice on fixing it.
    18 x 36 In ground vinyl pool 8' deep end
    Hayward EC65 DE Filter
    Aquacal SQ225