Fiberglass Spa Comfort?

Jun 15, 2018
Birmingham, AL
I will be installing a fiberglass pool and spa combo this winter. I've been reading about how uncomfortable the gunite in-ground spas are, but is it the same for fiberglass spas? We have considered going with a portable spa, but just can't image how to incorporate it into our landscape with a new pool.

Welcome to the forum! :handshake:

We have an integrated spa in our fiberglass pool. It is not a real spa like a stand alone one. It is OK, but more a water feature than spa.

If you really want the effects of a spa, get a stand alone one.

We are looking at doing a raised spa with the spillover into the pool. We don't care about the spillover part, but do want the spa to blend with the pool and the rest of the landscape. I'm considering slightly sinking a portable spa in the ground and placing stone around it like you would an in-ground spa. Maybe using plants to hide the door to the equipment. Has anyone done this successfully? If so, please show pics!

The consensus around here is that a stand alone spa is preferable to a combo deal. I also think this as well.

But the combos sure do look nice, so I can see why people choose to go that route.

At least with fiberglass, CSI isn't as important, so there is less testing needed. Also, BTU's delivered via gas costs less than electricity.

Sorry that I can't be anymore helpful than that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.