Pipe size

The jets are 15 GPM. My run is 20 ft. I agree that the jet pump would be best.

The PB says that he has run many spas with the VS filter with no problems.

My next question-

In essence both the pump line and the jet line need to run to the spa as the jet line runs just the jets and the pump line will flow the water from the heater.

What is the typical cost I can assume to add with the addition of the third line and booster pump.

If the cost puts us out of our price range could I go with six jets in a 7 foot spa and then be safe?

dykes26 said:
The jets are 15 GPM. My run is 20 ft. I agree that the jet pump would be best.

The PB says that he has run many spas with the VS filter with no problems.

My next question-

In essence both the pump line and the jet line need to run to the spa as the jet line runs just the jets and the pump line will flow the water from the heater.

What is the typical cost I can assume to add with the addition of the third line and booster pump.

If the cost puts us out of our price range could I go with six jets in a 7 foot spa and then be safe?

I would ask your PB how he plumbed/would plumb this if it was his pool. While he may have built many pool/spa combos with the VS pump, not all of his customers may be happy in the end. One pump doing double duty is never good! Think about it this way: you are trying to heat your spa and the pump is tied to the air line. The air line draws in cold air, delaying the ability for the heater to get the water up to temp quickly. At the same time, you are using more gas to get the spa heated.

In my area we charge $10.00 a foot for plumbing, including trenching, so the additional line(s) would be cheap. The extra pump would probably run between $1,000.00 and $1,200.00, I would estimate.

How big is your spa now? The most common size I see is 7', which allows for 6 people relatively comfortably. 6 jets allows for some room to be out of the jets if you want also (I get "itchy" if I sit in front of one too long). With a 400K heater, the 7' spa will heat up at a rate of about one degree a minute; it goes to one degree every minute and a half with an 8' spa (roughly 800 gallons in a 7' spa, and 1,200 in an 8' spa). How many folks do you typically plan on having in the spa?

Spend the money for the three pumps and you will not be disappointed! It's really hard to change later when you find out it isn't doing what you want it to do!

Bruce

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.