Concord, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hi, I have noticed with my pool that a bit of sand collects in one of the corners and is picked up by the Polaris cleaner. Looks blackish maybe some white flecks. I've also noticed when I backwash that some brown sand comes out of the discharge, at the very beginning of the backwash. Do these symptoms indicate a broken lateral? I was considering cleaning the sand filter today but if I have something broken I'll wait until I clear out the whole thing. Thanks

Go ahead and open up the filter and inspect the spider gasket. It should be stuck down tight with no loose or worn down spots. If the gasket is good, get a tarp or a wheelbarrow and scoop the sand into it and inspect the laterals. Note the sand level before you empty it out. It should not be more than 2/3-3/4 full. Too much sand, bad spider gasket or bad lateral could cause that issue.

Go ahead and open up the filter and inspect the spider gasket. It should be stuck down tight with no loose or worn down spots. If the gasket is good, get a tarp or a wheelbarrow and scoop the sand into it and inspect the laterals. Note the sand level before you empty it out. It should not be more than 2/3-3/4 full. Too much sand, bad spider gasket or bad lateral could cause that issue.
The spider gasket is in the multi-port valve, correct?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.