Pentagram Intelliflow VS RPM and time settings

Wadeod

Jul 23, 2017
Granger, In
1) do you run pump st higher rpm during the day or late at night.

2) what are your RPM and times you run it.

Initially thebpool builder put it at about 2400 on manual 24/7 for last 2 months.

Now, Pool builder has it set 10am to 10pm at about 2400 rpm and 10pm to 10am at 3450 rpm. From what I read, these numbers might be a little on high side.

I thought he was trying for oppisite. Where it runs higher rpm during the day ??

Just curious what rpms you all use and if the pump does more rpms during night or day.

1700rpm for 10 hours split between 6am-3pm and 8pm-10pm. The reason for the evening run is we swim most nights and to try and help cool the pool by circulating in cooler temps. There is no reason to run the pump that hard for that long.

Wade,

Is that "Pentagram" pump something for stirring up a witches brew??? :p

Each pool is a little different... You generally run a pump for three reasons:

1. To keep surface debris moving and being pushed into the skimmers. The more debris the more often you need to run the pump.

2. If you have a Salt Water Chlorine Generator (SWCG) you'll need to run it long enough to generate the amount of chlorine needed.

3. To circulate the water to ensure the chlorine is effectively distributed throughout the pool. Two or three hours per day is all that is needed for this to happen in most pools.

You just need to do whatever works for you. What I do, may or may not work for your pool.

In my mind the whole point of having a VS pump is to run as slow as you can to save on the old electrical bill. But with a SWCG, the lower limit is whatever speed closes your SWCG's flow switch. In my case that is about 1100 RPM, so I run at 1200 RPM , just to make sure...

Since I have a SWCG, I run 24/7 because I personally like to make a little chlorine all the time... Many others like to set their cell to 100% output and run for the shortest amount of time possible. Your electrical costs would help make this decision. In my case, running 24/7, most of the time at 1200 RPM, costs me less than $20 bucks a month.

I run 1200, most of the time and ramp the pump us to 1500 a couple of times a day for skimming, and to 2800 for about 15 minutes to flush the water in my waterfall wall...

You just need to experiment and see what works for you. Do not get hung up on trying to "turnover" a specific amount of water per day.. It is just not needed and a myth that will just not go away.

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Ok, I put it down to 1700rpm for like 15 hours, 3 hours at 2300, and off for 6 hours.

Sound reasonable to start?

whats everyone at?

pool builder had it about 2300 24/7, pool looked great. But you guys think that’s way too much and too expensive? I noticed my electric bill went up $100 this month :(

There is no set time. How long you run is a function of how much time needed to skim and in your case with salt generator, how much time it needs to generate to keep your FC at the right level. If you don’t have a test kit, I really recommend you get one. That’s the only way to tell how much time you need to run. At my sun exposure and CYA level I need to run about 10 hours a day at 50% only cell to keep FC where I like it. I could run it for just 5 hours at 100%. But I keep it here to skim the pool better. I could save some more money if I ran it for just 5 hours. But as is, my electric bill has increased maybe $20 a months.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.