Skimmer Leak - Hayward SP1082

May 21, 2014
Weston, CT
Hey All,

Seems I have a leak at my skimmer. I used some dye and ilosated it to the gasket at the face plate. I think its the internal gasket and not the face plate gasket as the dye escapes from the inside side of the skimmer behind the faceplate as seen from the skimmer top opening looking in.

I piulled the faceplate, removed the external basket and could see a small hairline gap between the skimmer mouth and the pool wall structure with what looks like a paper gasket between the pool wall (1/4" blue plastic product) and skimmer mouth. If I pull the pool wall away-out form the skimmer mouth this gap opens.

SO, my questions.

1. Is the internal gasket compressed closed with the faceplate screws? I'm assuming so.
2. If I replace the external gasket and close everything tight, will this prevent a leak through the internal gasket?
3. If the internal gasket is shot, how does one replace it? Pull the liner and the pool wall?
4. Is it time to call in a pro?

All help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Bryan

I doubt you have a 1082 - on an Inground Liner pool & that may be generic lid #.

Anyway -

Post a photo please - it’s likely a 1084 or 1085.

A leak is rare in that area unless the panel is rusting, if that is the case AB the faceplate to skimmer throat.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.