Sand filter, new sand, no flow.

Jun 21, 2018
CC, Indiana
Hello all I am having the hardest time with my sand filter right now. It is an intex sand filter, I am using #20 silica like it says to, and the sand is brand new. I have iron in my water which is going to be addressed soon, my ph is 7 my CL is 3 and I am having to backwash my sand every 15 minutes and I do not understand why. Regardless of chemistry there is no way I should have to be doing this so often. Any ideas or suggestions? Thank you in advance. Also the pressure barely even goes up even when the flow goes down, so could a leak or multiple leaks cause flow to go down? Because it doesn't after the flow when recirculating, only after 15 minutes, then I backwash for 2 minutes, rinse for 1 and it happens all over again. I'm going through a lot of water doing this.

Hi, welcome to TFP! What size is your pool and how does the water look? How high into the filter is the sand level? If you could post a short video of the problem that would help us help you troubleshoot the filter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.