Highland Stonehaven Pool

Jun 18, 2018
Bloomsburg PA
We are thinking about purchasing a Stonehaven pool and would like to know if anyone has installed theirs semi-inground. We have a sloped back yard and would like to have the back part of it in the ground about 3 feet. What we are looking at is a 33 ft pool with 54" sides. The pool "people" don't recommend it, but I am not sure if they just want us to buy something more expensive or if it really shouldn't be done. I have seen several pools in our area that are partially inground. I have tried to find installation instructions online for the Stonehaven pool t see what the manufacturer suggests, but haven't had any luck.

I have not heard of that brand of pool but that does not mean anything LOL You do need to find out what the makers of the pools has to say about installing it in the ground. If you do it and they say nope then you will mess up your warranty :( I will look around and see what I can find out.

Reactions: dgarcia531
Thanks, I contacted the manufacturer directly to get the information and he was calling the dealer to inform her of what we can do as far as back filling around some of the pool. We stopped in today and were told that they sent her the warranty and we can back fill up to 2 feet, but she keeps insisting that is it a bad idea. The manufacturer is McEwen Industries. We are not all the way done excavating, but the back wall right now is about 7 feet high. We still need to cut some (about 4 feet) down, but want to also backfill that back side so it isn't so drastic.
WIN_20180621_15_48_47_Pro.jpg

My install looked like that too. I was at 6ft on the high side.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.