Hello all! I will need a lot of expertise, glad I found this forum!

Jun 19, 2018
Lima, OH
So my wife and I were at a hotel with a small pool that she really fell in love with.(I kind of liked it too haha) We just moved and lost our above ground pool with a nice deck. It's now summertime and with 3 kids(ages 7,11, and 13) and no pool, momma's not too happy. Lol...so she started poking around on the internet and found a guy that built an inground pool for under $3k. So...I guess we are going to build a pool next year :shaking:
Looking at building a 15-18' x 24-28' pool. I was looking at doing something similar to what the guy did and digging it out/footers/block walls/seats. Was trying to find a suitable alternative to plaster and wanted to tile the whole pool...yes this will be more than $3k...but I dont want to break the bank...haha, I figure I will be doing the majority of work and getting friends/family that have the expertise in concrete/tile to assist where necessary! Any suggestions or links you have would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thank you Texas!
So $3k is a long shot(don't tell my wife yet haha)
So I just did a rough guesstimate on material only for an 18'x26'x6' pool...I'm looking at this being only one depth around 48"-52" and most likely the swimming area will be about an 18'x20'. The other 6' from the 26' length will be somewhat of a "tanning" area about 1' deep. I'm thinking about blocking the whole thing then tiling the entire pool. I'm also looking at Polyurea coatings over the block instead of tiling. Not sure what direction. Also thought about forming the whole pool then pouring it and then tiling. Not sure about plaster instead of tiling, not been a huge fan of that texture...also, I would hire that out and I will have to see who in my area has experience and what the cost is.
Still a lot of ideas to research...
Here is my rough draft of what cost I was looking at
$725 for all blocks/mortar/sand @ $.88 a block
$1400 for tile @ $1.33 12x12 tile
$100 for 20 bags of mortar for fill of blocks
$900 $100 yd @ 9yds for floor and footer