Intellitouch Heater Delay Not Working - Pump Shuts Off Immediately

skipath

Silver Supporter
Jun 18, 2018
Atherton, CA
Greetings all -

New member here, very glad to have found this valuable resource and already became a supporter.

Am taking more control over my pool this season. In the process of reviewing configuration, have found that the heater delay feature isn't working correctly. If the spa or pool are shut off while the heater is operating, the pump starts immediately, rather than continuing to run - although the Intellitouch does go into the delay cycle.

Details:
- Intellitouch I9+3, Intelliflo 230v VF pump (p/n 011012). Both installed 2006 and working fine (except for this issue). Intellitouch firmware is 1.090, likely original.
- Pump is wired directly to ganged breakers in the load center, control cable to the Intellitouch serial bus
- Pump has ID1, is assigned to the Pool circuit, and the Pool circuit is configured as Master Pool
- Intellitouch correctly operates and monitors the pump - on both automated and manually-controlled cycles
- I have custom flows set up for the pool, heater, cleaner, and spa, all appear to be working correctly
- Raypak heater control connected to the 2-wire gas heater connection on the Intellitouch, control working properly for both automatic and manual cycles
- "Master Spa/Pool Delay" is set on
- When the pool or spa are manually switched off, however, the VF pump stops immediately, even if the heater is mid-cycle. The Intelltouch does go into the "Delay" cycle, as evidenced by both flashing "Delay" on the indoor control panel and the fact that the filter relay stays activated (IC40 is powered through this relay) until the end of the cycle.

I would expect the pump to continue running until the end of the Delay cycle. Sounds like this is important for heater cool down - heater was replaced last season and I'd like to take best possible care of it. I don't know whether this has ever worked, this is the first I've looked closely at it.

Any further configuration steps or troubleshooting ideas? Potential firmware upgrade? Are there any further configuration steps required to make this work?

Thanks in advance
Skip

Skip,

I see that no one has answered your question yet.. Most likely because it is an unusual problem. :D

I would try to set the Pool and Spa Function to "Generic" instead of "Master" and see if that works. Other than that, since the Pump/Filter relay stays on, I can't think of anything else..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks Jim. I did some digging into Pentair's release notes, sounds like this indeed an issue/feature fixed in later firmware (along with my second issue, which is that the newly-added heater bypass valve isn't activated during a call for heat). 1.090 does indeed date back to the 2006 install. Have the update scheduled for next week, will update this thread with outcome.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.