Best way to stream the History Channel without getting cable?

USBB

Nov 11, 2017
Greenville, SC
Is there a streaming service that I could subscribe to which would allow me to stream the History Channel? And specifically the show Alone? I have a couple of friends on this season and want to watch. I don’t want to get cable. I cut that cord several years ago

Can I ask a question as a point of clarification, with the various options mentioned in the article, they talk about live streaming. With Sling do you have to watch live or can you watch the show anytime after it has aired?

We currently use Philo.tv and also are on a trial with DirectvNow (promo price of $10/month for 3 months) - So far we prefer Philo as it is more stable and has less buffering. DTnow seems to have quite a few issues using our Roku devices...I do like their guide so I hope they improve the service.

We used SlingTV for a year+. It is a good service as well.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You can stream from the app as long as you have any app that allows the HST plugin and you get one of your friends to give you their login for their cable/fios service. I did this for around 2 years using a friend's login and the Amazon FireStick. I did it for Alone as well!

love watching that show. which ones do you know? sucked that the first lady had to bow out early from a fish hook. she had to be the favorite to win. atleast that's who I picked

I know Larry and Nicole. I have known Larry for several years before he got on the show. Super nice guy. I know he comes across as angry and frustrated, but he isn’t like that when I have interacted with him. He is very knowledgeable and always willing to help. He is really into his family and of course the outdoors. I got to know Nicole through Larry. She appreciates my sense of humor and me always giving him the business.

I have had the chance to get to know Mike Lowe, who isn’t back this season, as well as interact with a number of he cast members. Super nice people. They were all really upset about what happened to Carleigh. They didn’t know until they saw the show. She is like the little sister of the group.

I ended up buying a season pass on Amazon. I am probably going do one of the other options suggested above going forward.

I know Larry and Nicole. I have known Larry for several years before he got on the show. Super nice guy. I know he comes across as angry and frustrated, but he isn’t like that when I have interacted with him. He is very knowledgeable and always willing to help. He is really into his family and of course the outdoors. I got to know Nicole through Larry. She appreciates my sense of humor and me always giving him the business.

I have had the chance to get to know Mike Lowe, who isn’t back this season, as well as interact with a number of he cast members. Super nice people. They were all really upset about what happened to Carleigh. They didn’t know until they saw the show. She is like the little sister of the group.

I ended up buying a season pass on Amazon. I am probably going do one of the other options suggested above going forward.

Ha! I picked Carleigh to win as well (my wife will testify). I remember her from the first time she was on being removed for health reasons only. She compensated this time by packing on extra weight which is what I have always said they should do.

Ha! I picked Carleigh to win as well (my wife will testify). I remember her from the first time she was on being removed for health reasons only. She compensated this time by packing on extra weight which is what I have always said they should do.

She has the mental chops and skill to make it. On most of the other seasons her 86 days alone would have won. Larry, Nicole, Sam, David (the winner of season 2) all teach small classes in their areas, as well as, travel to other areas if there is enough interest.

I haven’t connected with Brad, who tapped out this week. I was a little sad that he quit after only a week. He really wasted a great opportunity.

Dangit I gotta stop opening this thread with the spoilers. We record Alone and watch later and I have not seen the latest episode yet!

She has the mental chops and skill to make it. On most of the other seasons her 86 days alone would have won. Larry, Nicole, Sam, David (the winner of season 2) all teach small classes in their areas, as well as, travel to other areas if there is enough interest.

I haven’t connected with Brad, who tapped out this week. I was a little sad that he quit after only a week. He really wasted a great opportunity.

So finally watched this episode! Brad was totally useless. He literally ate nothing for a week. He seemed totally inept at doing anything. Not sure why some of these people even go. I think Britt may be my favorite at the moment he does what he needs to survive. That happy dude is just annoying (not sure his name the one that hoarded fish the first time he was on and got removed for not eating)!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.